Wednesday, February 16, 2011

thelibraryrat? What's the Deal?

Hey y'all! So, in case you're wondering why I'm called thelibraryrat, especially since this is supposed to be a blog solely about rats; It's because I also love books! In fact, I am actually a Teen Librarian at a major library system in/near Salt Lake City, Utah.

Why is this important? Well, first, I owe my love of rats to a library I worked at a few years ago. There they had two 'library pets' named Roxie and Luna. These two adorable ratties led me to buy my first two rats, Annie and Lulu; and later adopt Roxie and Luna when a co-worker had allergies to them and we had to find them a new home. Second, books and rats are really the only two things I'm passionate enough to write about and research...so, it only makes sense that those are the very things that I blog about. Especially since the likelihood that anyone will really read this blog is slim to none. lol. At least not for a while. So really, this is all just a lesson in futility...but, who cares? Maybe I'll meet some peeps out there who like the same things I do! and I'm hoping you're out there and that you will comment so that I know when you're out there.

So, even though ratties will take up most of the posting content, you will notice various 'gadgets' related to books and authors...so if you have any questions, comments, or recommendations (either for me, or if you'd like some from me) please do not hesitate to bring it up!

Ok...until next time, Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment