Friday, February 11, 2011

Welcome to my very Rattie Blog...

Hello all ya'll rattie lovers!! Well, at least I hope you are after you start reading this blog! ;) You see, this is a blog about all things rat. You see, we love rats so much, we want to share the love with as many people as possible!!!



My husband and I currently have 5 rats: 2 boys and 3 girls. One of our girls, the oldest and most precious (of course!), is Annie and she is currently losing a battle with liver cancer. :( She is only 2.5 years old...way too short a life for such a great animal. Because of her, we've decided to create this blog...a place where we can share past and current stories about our wonderful rattie boys and girls for all the world to see!



To be fair, its not just because of Annie that we wanted to do this blog...we have already lost 4 (I can hardly believe we've lost this many already!) other ratties due to various illnesses and tragedies; and wanted to have a place to share our experiences--both good and bad. To share what medicines and procedures have worked well for us and which ones haven't. Also, I would love to hear from anyone else out there about their own experiences. We can all learn from each other to create a better life for our precious rattie friends. :)


So, I think the way I will handle blog posts is to share a picture and then let you know the circumstances surrounding that pic. Most of them are fun pics associated with fun memories...but when I was looking through them, I did find some from he rats that have undergone surgeries...and I'd like to share some of those too.

So please, read, comment & enjoy!

Oh, but before I go here is some picture information so you know who is who. :)

*Pic #1: Me and Luna (aka Tuna Fish) before she had her 'big eye' removed. Luna died of natural causes in October 2010.

*Pic #2: Annie and Lulu sleeping under a blanket. These were our first two rattie girls...Annie is the one battling cancer now. She lost her sister to a spinal tumor the day before my husband and my wedding, September 8, 2010.


*Pic #3: Roxie in the tissue box. This was Tuna's partner in crime. ;) They were sisters we adopted from my library when we had to get rid of them due to a coworker complaining about allergies. Roxie died of a spinal tumor about two weeks after Luna...end of October 2010.

*Pic # 4: The Boys! There are actually 3 male rats on my shoulders in this picture. Winson, Maximus (Max), and Petey. We adopted these three after they were abandoned outside the Human Society in a cardboard box. And it was cold!! People are such jerks!! Anyhow, we had to neuter them so they could live with the girls...unfortunately, we lost Winston due to complications incurred after the surgery. Max and Petey are still with us!

*Pic # 5: Mollie! Mollie is an awesome little rattie girl. She's one we adopted from Animal Services. She was all by herself and fit in with the other super fast.


*Pic #6: Sweet Pea, aka New Ears was an impulse adoption from the pet store. I went in for food and left with a Lulu look-a-like. She's a super cute little girl....and I look forward to telling you all about her. She's the most hyper of the bunch now, so she can get on your nerves a lot!!


No comments:

Post a Comment